Sunday, July 6, 2008

The beginning of another week...

Mom and Dad Brouwer left for home this morning and my brother Mark came late this afternoon! The girls were sad to see Mom and Dad leave but excited to see Uncle Mark who they adore. We want to thank Mom and Dad Brouwer for spending the last 11 days with us, helping take care of the girls, us, and the house. The girls had a lot of fun playing with them and spending quality time together. Dad even spent one whole day holding Jaclyn when she was so sick last week with a high fever, she just wanted to cuddle with Grandpa. We were also able to get several "projects" done around the house and we were even able to catch a Twins/Tigers game - the Twins won, sorry Mom and Dad :-)!

Scott Mellema helped with one of those projects. He sacrificed A LOT of time to help us lay tile in our bathroom (Dad pulled out the carpet). The tile looks great - thanks so much Scott!

A huge thank you to both Linda Ribbens and Marcia Pulscher for making us homemade, delicious meals. We have been so blessed by our Calvary family!

Michelle is doing really well. The combination of steroid drugs seems to be working great. She is just tired early in the evening and her arms still hurt but only at night. Her energy is back and she can't wait to start physical therapy Aug. 1st to gain back her muscle strength. Please pray for Michelle tomorrow as she has her BSGI test at St. John's hospital.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle!
It was great seeing you at church yesterday. I wanted to go give you a hug but I was talking to someone and then I didn't see you again. Hang in there! I'm praying and thinking of you often. Christine and I are going to get together sometime to plan for Daniel. We are thinking that you won't be able to be a leader but wondered how you are feeling about it. We were just going to try to make some plans. Let us know if you think that you will be able to be involved this fall. We know that it's hard to say for sure but we are totally flexible. Thanks! Let me know how I can help....
Joni

rubyslipperlady said...

It was good to visit with you both when I was up there last month. I leave for Wichita with my parents tomorrow and fly out Thursday morning for the trek back to Kenya.

I am praying things continue on the rise.

See you next summer!