Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wednesday Update

My body is still not responding like the doctors had hoped so it is crucial that this current med plan from my Immunologist (high doses of Steroid pills and Methotrexate) will work in the next couple of weeks. Please pray that my body responds and my antibodies (immune system) stop attacking my muscles. Then I can finally get on with the healing process (physical therapy, etc.). Please also pray for wisdom & insight for my Immunologist and the new doctor (a Rheumatologist) they are sending me to this week. My Immunologist is having a phone consult with this new doctor tomorrow and they are going to try to get me in to see him this week. They want to consult with him to see if there are any other tests that should be run, possible new medication plan, etc.

I was somewhat discouraged today because yesterday and today my arms and shoulders have had the burning pain without doing ANYTHING. I still can't pick up a spoon without it hurting, wash my own hair or blow dry, dress my upper body to the bigger more important things like not being able to pick up Jaclyn. But I had some GREAT news today that my CK numbers are decreasing significantly (down to under 200). My prayer now is that my upper body pain will also decrease.

Please pray for patience for me as I am still on total "arm rest" (not using my arms/shoulders).

CT scan results were great - no cancer. Still waiting for the other results.

Thanks for your prayers, please pray that this will stay away from my heart, lungs, and throat and my antibodies will stop attacking my muscles.

Much Love,
Michelle

1 comment:

The Van Hulzens said...

That is great news about your CK levels! PTL!! I wish I could do more for you...We will pray that the rheumatologist will have some guidance that will resolve your pain quickly.

We are eagerly awaiting with you the news of your mammogram and chest x-ray.

I will try to stop by on Thursday after I pick the kids up from the Gorters.

While we pray with you for complete healing and relief from pain, we are also comforted by Jesus' words in 2 Corinthians 12 "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Cor. 12:9 - 10)

You are very strong, Michelle, and your love for God and your family has been so evident throughout these last weeks. We praise God for you.

Love you!
Heidi